Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Just Scrooge-ing it up...

December…the month of Christmas lights, large amounts of baked goods, and holiday cheer. In addition to all of these lovely things, this year, it has been the month of STRESS!! I have managed to put up my Christmas tree, a wreath on my front door, and a jingle bell door hanger on our back door…that’s the extent of the decorations I’ve had time to put up. In addition to my lack of holiday décor, I have purchased exactly 3 of the approximately 15 gifts that I’m planning to get…can you say “Bah humbug”??



I really didn’t mean to bust out my Scrooge attitude this month but every time I come up for air and to finally bask in the awesomeness that is Christmas, those darn adult responsibilities (that take up way too much of my day, in my opinion) always get in the way! I know I can’t be the only one that feels like I’m running around like a chicken with my head cut off pretty much the entire month of December, can I?



So I’ve made a decision. For the remainder of the month (and hopefully on into the new year!) no matter how busy I might find myself with shopping, filling orders, or baking up a storm, I’m going to take some time each day to stop, take a deep breath, and really feel grateful for the many blessings in my life. I am going to soak up every bit of time I can with family and friends and take full advantage of some much needed sleep in time during my X-Mas vacay! 11 days and counting friends!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Our perty tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some <3