Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Dirty Thirty

So lover boy’s BIG birthday was, um, a week ago…and I am just blogging about it now. Ugh. {Sorry babe!} Life has been a wee bit crazy the past week so I’m FINALLY giving his big 30th some well-deserved attention!! {Plus, I’m still not used to documenting life’s important moments in any more detail than a Facebook status update or two so you may have to bear with me for a bit while I continue to get a handle on this whole bloggy blog thing.}
Mike didn’t want to acknowledge his b-day in any celebratory way but I nixed that idea faster than you can say ‘dirty thirty’. I mean, you get ONE day a year that is ALL yours and I wasn’t about to let his slip by unnoticed!
The big day just so happened to fall on Black Friday, of all days, and the Birthday Boy wanted to hit up the mall for a bit since we were in Omaha for the night so we ended up amidst the sleep-deprived masses, searching for some bargains…all I can say about that experience is that I’ve never stepped foot into a mall on Black Friday and I intend to never let it happen again. Next year, my booty will be snuggled up on the couch, watching some football and sipping on hot chocolate. Good plan.
After a semi-successful shopping venture and dodging a few cars that weren’t really into yielding for pedestrians, we headed to our hotel {which, by the way, was old and super cool but eerily reminded me of the Bates motel} and proceeded to have a lovely evening trying out a new restaurant a handful of cool bars…we also happened to pop into this nifty, hole in the wall vintage shop and played dress up for about an hour. Unfortunately, this girl forgot a camera and also forgot to snap a few photos of our dress up. {Drat!} I did get a few with my phone so I apologize for the poor quality but here are a few snippets of our night.








HAPPY BIRTHDAY babe!! I’m so glad you were born and SO thankful to have you in my life!


The next day did some relaxing and went to try out Mike’s brand spankin’ new gun {the reason I had to brave the Black Friday madness}. Plus, I got to bust out my ah-mazing shooting skills and impress the boy...

Try not to be intimidated.


Happy Friday friends!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some <3