Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My big 2-5!

Hola! I am oh-so-sorry for my prolonged absence as of late but the holidays just got the best of me (in a good way, of course). I had a wonderful Christmas and New Year’s spent with family and great friends and then, just like each year before it, my birthday came and went faster than you can say ‘Senior Citizen’.
Yes…it’s true. I’m officially, gulp, OLD. Okay, okay, I know at the ripe old age of 25, I can’t exactly claim AARP benefits just yet but something about turning a quarter of a century has made me think a lot about what I’m doing with my life and take stock of what is important to me and what is not so much anymore…not a full-blown quarter life crisis but I think some big changes might be taking place sooner rather than later…and of course, I’ll keep y’all posted!
So enough about my newly found oldness. Let’s talk about the fact that I have the BEST fiancĂ© in the whole wide world who pretty much single-handedly whipped up one heck of an awesome ski trip in honor of my birthday! My best friend, Justine and her hubby Trent made the trek with us and aside from a bout of altitude sickness and a messed up hotel reservation, the trip went off without a hitch. So fun!
Warning: I may have gone just a wee bit overboard with the photos.
Justine and I at our hotel in downtown Denver



 The lovebirds.


Perty lights in downtown Denver.


 Our view.


 My big birthday dinner. Way too much Italian yumminess.


Loving my new Nook...and Words with Friends. SO addicting.


On our way to the mountain...we didn't bring much stuff at all...


The view from our condo...photos don't do it justice.


On the mountain. BEAUTIFUL.


On the ski lift with my handsome man.


The group! {I'm trying desperately not to slide down the mountain in this photo.}


The best moment of the trip...seeing these two stud muffins rolling
 into the lodge covered in snow and ice!



We had wonderful weather but the lift was always cold.


The munchies!


Um, can I have these installed in my house? M'kay thanks.


Thanks for a great trip babe!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some <3