Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend Awesomeness

Monday, again, really?! I feel as though it was just Monday…funny how quickly those bad boys come back around isn’t it? Well, at least I had myself an extremely pleasant weekend…just what the doctor ordered!
Since my Manly Man was out playing hide and seek in the woods (aka: celebrating opening day of Deer Hunting Season), I had a solo day on Saturday. My day started off ah-mazingly with a wonderful yoga session. Since my 9 to 5’er job requires that I work every other Saturday morning, it had been quite some time since I had enjoyed some good ole Saturday a.m. yoga. And furthermore, since I had just experienced one heck of an icky work week, it was exactly what I needed to feel relaxed and rejuvenated!
                                                M.M. out in the elements doing what he does best.
After yoga, my Mom and I got some bonding time in at brunch and then headed over to the nearest craft store for some much-needed new fabric purchases! (New designs are swirling through my head as we speak!) After shopping, I headed to the studio to get some sewing time in. I then headed over to my parents’ house to watch the Nebraska football game with the fam. It was a great game and we won, woo hoo! And added bonus: my Dad and brother had to work during the day while the game was actually being played so they DVR’d the game and it only took a little over an hour to watch…no commercials and no sideline mumbo jumbo, gotta love it. I have to admit, when I’m not tailgating at the game, I sure do miss the excitement of downtown Lincoln on game day but you can’t really beat the feeling of being warm and cozy on the couch, drink in hand.
                                                                        GO BIG RED!!!
The rest of my Saturday was spent relaxing at home with M.M. when he finally returned from hunting. We then proceeded to have an extremely leisurely Sunday morning with bagels and yummy lattes. And because any sort of productiveness is frowned upon in our household on a Sunday morning, we decided to take a short 3-hour nap. Pure awesomeness. Since I felt a wee bit guilty about my excessive nap-taking, I decided to get down to business in the studio, doing some more sewing and caught up on some laundry and such.
All-in-all, it was a wonderful, relaxing weekend!! How did you spend your weekend?
P.S. I’m hitting the home-stretch of getting everything ready to roll out for the Grand Opening of my shop, { LolaMae Creations }. Check back tomorrow for more info on the LMC Grand Opening sale! Have a great night everyone!
~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some <3